I offered the 16th seminar at East Greenbush Community Library (1) on January 11, 2017 from 6.30 to 8.30 pm. Attended by 12 adults. A folder containing my key handouts and sample testimonials was given to each participant (2), (3). It was interesting to hear from a participant that she attended the seminar a few years back and the technique helped her sleep. She came this time along with her husband. They both met me at the end and her husband commented “she falls asleep so quickly”. She said she brought him along because he does not sleep well.
Summary of the Feedback
I will practice this technique for my (concern)
- Anxiety and Insomnia
- Insomnia and to turn my brain “Off” when I want to sleep.
- Anxiety and Panic attacks
- Relax when feeling stressed
- Increased peace
My ‘Take home’ points
- 3 Steps/ ways to fall asleep
- Breathing at bedtime and awakening
- Practice breathing, Try morning routine
- Waking up with stretches and breathing, Chanting, Picking something that speaks to my heart
- I like the ideas of breathing techniques before sleep and after waking
- Stretching techniques before starting the day
- Counting while breathing
Evaluation of the seminar
- Very satisfied – 9 (only 9 people returned the forms. 2 people left as they had an appointment)
- I took this class a few years ago & the breathing techniques definitely help with my sleep.
- Very useful ideas to use going forward.
- Too short! I loved every minute. I want to learn more.
- Counting, Feeling, folding – I will use tonight to relax and sleep.
- Very passionate about topic, obviously a major part of his life
- Thank you for sharing from your learning.
- Thank you!
- Counting, feeling and folding modes – I will use tonight to relax and sleep. Thank you so much!
I wish to
- Receive ‘Annual update’ on this technique – 4
- Interested in ‘follow up classes’ on today’s techniques – 2
- Interested in joining a support group for Meditation –
If you like this page share it with your friends.