These are some books that expanded my knowledge and proved useful in working with my clients. The prices shown are the total costs for getting used books in ‘Very Good’ to ‘Good’ condition by US mail (total cost of book and shipping) from amazon.com, unless otherwise mentioned. Most books arrive in a week. I was rarely disappointed with the quality. I also buy used books sold at the local library book sales. They cost $0.50 to $2. I label their prices same or lower than what I have to spend, to get a replacement copy from Amazon.com.
I sell them to my clients on “Return anytime and get full refund” policy. Many of them are happy to buy them. Some kept them forever, some returned for refund and some said “I don’t want any refund”. This arrangement is very practical and really helpful for expanding the skill set of my clients.
I believe every one of us are obsessed or addicted to some ideas, thoughts or plans, though we may or may not resort to consequent compulsive speech or actions. To free ourselves is a life long effort. Hence my interest in books on OCD and Addictions.
- A mind of your own – The truth about depression and how women can heal their bodies to reclaim their lives by Kelly Bogan $13
- Infectious madness – The surprising science of how we “catch” mental illness by Harriet A. Washington $28 (new)
- “When in Doubt, Make Belief” – by Jeff Bell – A wonderful book by a recovering OCD sufferer – New $15
- “Coping with OCD” – by Bruce M. Hayman – Incorporating the latest concept of ACT (Accept, Commit, Take action) $11
- “Brain Lock – Free Yourself from Obsessive-Compulsive Behavior” – by Jeffrey M. Schwartz. Great book for self treatment by a research psychiatrist at UCLA. Detailed guidelines using the principles of mindfulness. Can be used for any addiction. $6
- Change your brain, Change your life’ – by Daniel G. Amen M.D $7
- ‘The mind and the brain – Neuroplasticity and the power of mental force’ – by Jeffrey M. Schwartz $ 7
- ‘It’s Is All In Your Head’ – Change your mind and change your body’ by Mark C. Pettus M.D $6
- ‘Brain longevity’ – by Dharma Singh Khalsa M.D $4
If you like this page share it with your friends.
Parent page: Some specific health problems – Books I like