These are some books that expanded my knowledge and proved useful in working with my clients. The prices shown are the total costs for getting used books in ‘Very Good’ to ‘Good’ condition by US mail (total cost of book and shipping) from amazon.com, unless otherwise mentioned. Most books arrive in a week. I was rarely disappointed with the quality. I also buy used books sold at the local library book sales. They cost $0.50 to $2. I label their prices same or lower than what I have to spend, to get a replacement copy from Amazon.com.
I sell them to my clients on “Return anytime and get full refund” policy. Many of them are happy to buy them. Some kept them forever, some returned for refund and some said “I don’t want any refund”. This arrangement is very practical and really helpful for expanding the skill set of my clients.
- Ending the parent- teen control battle by Neil D. Brown $14
- Raising Cain – Protecting the emotional life of boys by Dan Kindlon $4
- The gardener and the carpenter – What the science of child development tells us about the relationship between parents and children By Alison Gopnik $17
- Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into Adulthood by Lisa Damour $ 17
- Self-Reg: How to Help Your Child (and You) Break the Stress Cycle and Successfully Engage with Life by Stuart Shanker $18
- Raising can-do kids – Giving children the tools to thrive in a fast changing world by Richard Rende and Jen Prosek $10
- Chapters: Wired for exploration, Primed to innovate, Raising optimists, Opportunity seekers, Doers, People skills, Serving others.
- Teenagers 101 – What a top teacher wishes you knew about helping your kid succeed by Rebecca Deurlein Ed. D $8
- Your Kids Are Your Own Fault by Larry Winget $11
- Girls on the edge – The four factors driving the new crisis for Girls – by Leonard Sax $18
- How to talk so kids will listen & Listen so kids will talk by Adele Faber, Elaine Mazlish $ 10 – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- How to speak so teens will listen and listen so teens will speak by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish $10 – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- The smartest kids in the world – and how they got that way by Amanda Ripley $7
If you like this page share it with your friends.
Parent page: Books I like