These are some books that expanded my knowledge and proved useful in working with my clients. The prices shown are the total costs for getting used books in ‘Very Good’ to ‘Good’ condition by US mail (total cost of book and shipping) from amazon.com, unless otherwise mentioned. Most books arrive in a week. I was rarely disappointed with the quality. I also buy used books sold at the local library book sales. They cost $0.50 to $2. I label their prices same or lower than what I have to spend, to get a replacement copy from Amazon.com.
I sell them to my clients on “Return anytime and get full refund” policy. Many of them are happy to buy them. Some kept them forever, some returned for refund and some said “I don’t want any refund”. This arrangement is very practical and really helpful for expanding the skill set of my clients.
- Peaceful Piggy Meditation by Kerry lee Mcaclean $8
- Zen shorts by Jon J Muth $6
- Practicing the Tao te ching – 81 steps on the way by Solala Towler $16
- Secular meditation – 32 practices for cultivating inner peace, compassion and Joy – A guide from the Humanist community at Harvard by Rick Heller $5
- The mindful way through stress – the proven 8 week path to health, happiness and well-being by Shamash Alidina $14
- The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety By John P.Forsyth &
Georg H.Eifert – Second Edition $25 (new)
- Thoughts are not the enemy – an innovative approach to meditation practice by Jason Siff $13
- How to meditate by Pema Chodron $13
- The deepest acceptance – Radical awakening in ordinary life by Jeff Foster $16. It is a remarkable book quite different from many others of its kind. I am trying to put his ideas into action with great difficulty.
- Meditation – An in-depth guide: by Ian Gawler & Paul Bedson. A simple and practical guide for all levels of meditators. I strongly recommend it. $5
- A gradual awakening by Stephen Levine – Great book for Vipassana meditation $4
- ‘Finding Quiet’ by Paul Wilson. The author is famous for his books on the simple CALM techniques. He explains the basics of meditation for beginners. $9
- Vipassana Meditation: This is not a book but a link to a web site about Vipassana technique as taught by S. N. Goenka. The basic concepts and practices have been my guides for meditation.
- Relaxation Revolution by Herbert Benson $9
- Insight meditation – The practice of freedom by Joseph Glodstein $12. For the advanced meditators.
- Meditation is Boring?: Putting Life in Your Spiritual Practice
Linda Johnsen $5
If you like this page share it with your friends.
Parent page: RESOURCES – Books I like