These are some books that expanded my knowledge and proved useful in working with my clients. The prices shown are the total costs for getting used books in ‘Very Good’ to ‘Good’ condition by US mail (total cost of book and shipping) from amazon.com, unless otherwise mentioned. Most books arrive in a week. I was rarely disappointed with the quality. I also buy used books sold at the local library book sales. They cost $0.50 to $2. I label their prices same or lower than what I have to spend, to get a replacement copy from Amazon.com.
I sell them to my clients on “Return anytime and get full refund” policy. Many of them are happy to buy them. Some kept them forever, some returned for refund and some said “I don’t want any refund”. This arrangement is very practical and really helpful for expanding the skill set of my clients.
- Give and take – A revolutionary approach to success by Adam Grant $ 8
- Work rules (at google) by Laszlo Bock $18
- The new one minute manager by Ken Blanchard and
Spencer Johnson $24 (new)
- Lean In: Women, Work and the will to lead by Sheryl Sandberg $10
- “Delivering happiness” – by Tony Hsieh: This is the story of evolution of the zappos.com company written by its founder. Unbelievable philosophy actually put into practice with unbelievable results. $14
Parent page: Books I like
If you like this page share it with your friends.