These are some books that expanded my knowledge and proved useful in working with my clients. The prices shown are the total costs for getting used books in ‘Very Good’ to ‘Good’ condition by US mail (total cost of book and shipping) from amazon.com, unless otherwise mentioned. Most books arrive in a week. I was rarely disappointed with the quality. I also buy used books sold at the local library book sales. They cost $0.50 to $2. I label their prices same or lower than what I have to spend, to get a replacement copy from Amazon.com.
I sell them to my clients on “Return anytime and get full refund” policy. Many of them are happy to buy them. Some kept them forever, some returned for refund and some said “I don’t want any refund”. This arrangement is very practical and really helpful for expanding the skill set of my clients.
- Overcoming destructive anger by Bernard Golden $12
- Highly sensitive people in an insensitive world by Ilse Sand $8
- The Post-Traumatic Disorder Source Book by Glenn R. Schiraldi $ 8
- The Gratitude Diaries: How a Year Looking on the Bright Side Can Transform Your Life by Janice Kaplan $19
- The body keeps the score – Brain, Mind and Body in the healing of trauma by Bessel Van Der Kolk $14
- How the body knows its brain by Sian Beilock $13
- Brainstorm – the power and purpose of the teen age brain by Daniel J. Siegel
- Calming the emotional storm – Using Dialectical behavior therapy skills to manage your emotions and balance your life By Sheri Van Djik MSW $15
- The four doors – A guide to Joy, Freedom and a meaningful life by Richard Paul Evans $13
- Spark – The revolutionary new science of Exercise and the brain – by John J.Ratey $9
- Saving normal – An insider’s revolt against out-of-control psychiatric diagnosis, DSM – 5, big pharma and the medicalization of ordinary life by Allen Frances M.D Chair of the DSM-IV Task Force $20.
- “You need help! – A step-by-step plan to convince a loved one to get counseling“ by Mark S. Komrad M.D $13 (Published in 2012)
- ‘The biology of belief ‘ by Bruce H. Lipton Ph.D $7. Unbelievable scientific information on how our cells are influenced by our thoughts.
- The instinct to heal by David Servan-Schreiber M.D $4
- ‘It’s Is All In Your Head – Change your mind and change your body’ by Mark C. Pettus M.D $6
- Use your body to heal your mind – Revolutionary methods to release all barriers to health and happiness by Henry Grayson Ph. D $18.
- The placebo response by Howard Brody $4
- Minding the body and mending the mind by Joan Borysenko $4
- Grow younger, live longer – 10 Steps to reverse aging by Deepak Chopra $4
- Man’s search for meaning by Victor E. Frankl $4
- The Savvy Patient by Mark C. Pettus M.D $8
- Feeling Good – The New Mood Therapy by David D. Burns $6. Clinically proven drug free treatment for Depression and other mood problems. it is claimed that some people are cured of their depression by just reading this book. I have used a simplified version described in it for writing and analyzing recurring negative thoughts of guilt, fear, anger etc. in helping some of the people attending my classes. They were happy with the results.
- The Depression Cure by Stephen S. Ilardi $15
- Unstuck by James S. Gordon – An integrative medicine approach to curing depression as an alternative to pills $7
- Manifesto for a new medicine by James S. Gordon. World renowned authority on Integrative medicine. $5
- Grief Recovery Handbook by John W.James & Frank Cherry $4
- God Never Blinks by Regina Brett $ 16 (Fantastic Book!)
- Shift by Peter Arnell. Very interesting book. I picked up these great concepts from this book – ‘Don’t sell bad fish’ , Fish where the fish are’, ‘Go helium’, ‘Be a tiger’, Don’t ask compel’ etc. The author, an international branding genius rebranded himself by reducing his weight from 406 to 150, a reduction of 256 ponds!
- The art of comforting by Val Walker. Eye opening insights and practical suggestions for one who intends to comfort another person. $12
- Change your brain, Change your life by Daniel G. Amen M.D $7
- The mind and the brain – Neuroplasticity and the power of mental force by Jeffrey M. Schwartz $ 7
- Guide to Stress Reduction by L. John Mason Ph.D Comprehensive but simple book still in print after 25 years. $4
- The hormone cure : reclaim balance, sleep, sex drive & vitality naturally with the Gottfried protocol by Sara Gottfried $18.
- “Write It Down and Make it Happen” – by Henriette Anne Klauser $4
If you like this page share it with your friends.
Parent page: Books I like