In each of the following stretches, hold the stretch and breathe, till you complete 3 breaths. Increase the number of breaths in the poses you like.
- Open your mouth as big as you can. Stick your tongue out as much as you can. It may even touch your chin. Feel the stretch in the muscles of the cheeks, jaws, throat and neck.
- Stretch your lips wide with a small gap between the lips, showing your teeth. Feel the stretch in the cheeks and lips.
- Make a tall ‘O’ with your mouth. Feel the stretch in the cheeks and lips.
- Close your mouth and puff up your cheeks. Feel the stretch in the cheeks.
- Crunch the facial muscles. Same time, raise your shoulders up, squeezing the back of the neck. Crunch slowly while breathing in and release the breath suddenly with ‘haa’ sound.
- Relax your face and smile happily, recollecting all the funny poses you made just now.
If you like this page share it with your friends.
Parent page: ‘Extended practices – sitting on the bed’
Next page: Neck stretches