- “Now I do not need my sleeping medicine”: I had a lot of anxiety, stress and sleeping disorder. Sometimes, my body would shake and I would cry for no reason. I was introduced to the ‘Focusing on breathing’ technique when I came to Dr. Padma Sripada’s office (1). The first day I tried it, I suddenly became so content and relaxed. My sleep has become a lot better and I am more focused. It has allowed me to not have to use my sleeping medicine every night. It is great! You can practice this technique when you are just sitting around or when you are walking or jogging. Trust me it will make a difference in your life.”
- 97 year old senior: I work in my daughter’s medical office as a manager. Occasionally I meet with a patient and depending on the receptiveness of that person, I explain the tip or segment mode (1). I advise them to try it when lying in bed and needing to sleep. When I meet the same person at a later visit, I try to find out if the technique was tried and if so, what was it like. Recently I met a 97 year old woman patient the second time (a few months back I explained the segment mode to her) and inquired how she was doing, without mentioning the technique. After explaining her current set of problems she added on her own, that she was using the breathing technique using the segments whenever she had difficulty getting sleep and it was helping her in calming her mind and fall asleep. She said she sent the brochure on this technique to her sister in California.
- “My sleep habits are a lot better. I sleep almost through the entire night.” Feedback from a woman who had serious medical problems and was unable to sleep for 2 to 3 hours. More….
- A patient of my daughter Dr. Padma Sripada read my hand out on Insomnia and practiced on her own (2). On my request, she wrote out this testimonial: “I had a lot of anxiety, stress and sleeping disorder. Sometimes, my body would shake and I would cry for no reason. I was introduced to the ‘Focusing on breathing’ technique when I came to Dr. Sripada’s office. The first day I tried it, I suddenly became so content and relaxed. My sleep has become a lot better and I am more focused. It has allowed me to not have to use my sleeping medicine every night. It is great!”
- A patient of my daughter Padma Sripada who was suffering for many years from Fibromyalgia: “I have Fibromyalgia. I was first diagnosed with this condition in March 1990 after an injury that occurred at my place of employment a month before. Almost 19 years now I have had great difficulty sleeping due to extreme pain. After being prescribed many medications over the years, none compare to the breathing techniques demonstrated to me by C.S (1) (2). Because of him I can get many hours of consecutive sleep; where I was not able to achieve with prior aid of a physician whose specialty is sleep disorders.”
If you like this page share it with your friends.
Parent page: Relief from Insomnia