The seminars done at various places in India during 2002 and in USA since 2003, are listed below. ‘Hope Club’ mentioned below refers to the American Cancer Society’s ‘Hope Club’ at 1 Penny Lane, Latham NY 12110 # 782-9833. Free seminar is offered every last Thursday of the month at this place, subject to registration of at least one person.
Visit the links at the end for the seminars done from 2001 to 2011.
- Columbia Internal Medicine on May 18, 2013: For a patient of my daughter (2), a state worker in his early fifties, for stress from his boss, his fiancee and insomnia. He is continuing the classes.
- Columbia Internal Medicine on May 17, 2013: For a young Software Engineer who has just done his MS and looking for a job. He was suffering from severe insomnia and anxiety. He is doing the follow up classes.
- Bethlehem Central Middle School May 15, 2013: It was open to adults and children 10 and up. Attended by total 11 participants. Feedback
- Columbia Internal Medicine on May 13, 2013: For a Clinical Social Worker who counsels children. She wanted to work on her own issues and also use the techniques for her child clients. She is doing the follow up classes.
- Parsons Child and Family Center on May 10, 2013: Organized by the Staff Training and Research Institute of the center. Attended by 30 staff members. The center decided to organize follow up classes. Feedback
- Castleton Public Library on May 2, 2013: Five women participated including the Director of the library. Feedback
- Columbia Internal Medicine on May 4, 2013: For a young Engineer in his twenties, working on his first job at Global Foundries. He wants to get over his severe anxiety in talking with new persons at work, even on conference calls. He is doing follow up classes.
- Mary E Dardess Elementary School, Chatham NY April 24, 2013: Classes for students in Gr 3 to 5, to reduce their stress before tests. April 17 2013 and April 24 2013. Feedback
- Columbia Internal Medicine, April 4 2013: Introductory class for a girl aged 13 for ADHD. Her parents wanted to try out these techniques before resorting to medications. She is currently seeing a counselor. Her mom and younger sister also got introduced to the technique. In her one week follow up class she reported significant improvement which could be due to her taking a fish oil capsule of EPA+DHA of 1000 mg every day, per my suggestion since last 3 weeks. She will continue the classes.
- Columbia Internal Medicine, March 27, 2013: For a businessman in his fifties to achieve his goals of self improvement, emotional peace with his grown up sons and to make his wife happy. He will continue the classes. He found my website when he searched on-line for Yoga classes. He did 3 follow up classes and practicing on his own with remarkable progress. He has been sending me periodical progress reports. I am posting them as blogs under Alfred’s progress.
- Columbia Internal Medicine, March 14, 2013: For a man who had heart transplant and being treated for several major health problems. He was referred to me by Teri Huston-Mulligan Certified Diabetes Educator at Albany Medical Center, a client of mine. He had severe insomnia. Periodic calls to him revealed that he is able to sleep nicely using the technique. He was very happy for this relief. He is continuing the classes. Within a week, his most pressing problem of insomnia was resolved. He is now working on his chronic pains in ribs and back.
- Columbia Internal Medicine, March 13, 2013: For a Software Engineer to control his anger at his wife for her way of handling their young children. He attended my classes about 4 years back and was practicing the technique at bed time occasionally. He is continuing the classes.
- A large healthcare facility (name and feedback withheld for lack of permission): 19 persons of diverse positions attended from house keeper to students, nurses, faculty and directors. This was arranged by the Employee Assistance Program coordinator who attended my classes at the East Greenbush Library. Feedback
- Rensselaer Public Library, Feb 27, 2013: Five people attended. Their Feedback
- East Greenbush Community Library on Jan 30, 20132: The sixth seminar at this library was attended by 10 people. Feedback
- Columbia Internal Medicine, January 3, 2013: For a woman suffering from phobias about traveling away from home, air planes and separation from family and friends. She is doing follow up classes.
- Columbia Internal Medicine, January 3, 2013: For a woman refugee from Burma who had been suffering from severe insomnia for the last 8 years. She was brought in by a friend who has been helping refugees from Burma as a volunteer. The woman could understand only a few English words. I explained the ‘Folding finger mode’ (1) and she could quickly understand it. Her feedback
Seminars – 18, Attended by – 70 adults
- Columbia Internal Medicine, November 24, 2012: For a Pediatrician M.D who came to know about this technique helping children at Robert C. Parker School. He wants to try this technique for his child patients with ADHD, along with medications.
- Columbia Internal Medicine, October 26, 2012: For a young man with history of childhood abuse and drug addiction. He had undergone de-tox program and waiting for admission into the rehab program. He was brought in by his aunt, a current client. He decided to do follow-up classes. In view of his economic situation, I offered him free classes.
- Columbia Internal Medicine, October 18, 2012: For a woman under severe stress due to stressful relationship with her husband. She felt she was being submissive to her husband and felt emotionally abused. Her key goal was to be assertive with her husband. She was informally practicing the technique for some time, based on my hand outs, and felt it was time to intensify her practice in this situation. She was planning to go on counseling. A few days after the seminar she sent this message “ I made a decision to move out of my home, away from my husband, for now. I’m not sure of the future but my heart told me this was the right move for now. I think the breathing gave me courage to face what I didn’t want to face. This is a very hard time in my life and I’m happy to have the skill to help me through.”
- Hope club Sep 27 2012: Seminar of one hour was attended by a woman, a lung cancer survivor undergoing chemotherapy since last 6 months. She has severe insomnia and stress in addition to the side effects of chemo.
- Russell Sage College Troy NY, September 26 2012: first seminar for college students. Seminar of one hour for graduates and seniors of Nutrition attended by 16 students and 2 faculty members. Full report with their feedback ….
- Columbia Internal Medicine, September 11, 2012: For a woman under stress at the office, due to her emotionally abusive boss. She is doing the follow up classes.
- Glaucoma Practice of New York on Aug 15, 2012: Morning seminar for Dr.Sai Gandham, staff and some family members. Attended by 5 persons. Dr. Sai Gandham donated $100 to support the propagation of this technique. Feedback.
- Columbia Internal Medicine, June 29, 2012: For a man under stress. He is doing the follow up classes.
- Hope Club, May 24, 2012: Attended by two men. One man had surgery and radiation for thyroid cancer and another was a software engineer under stress.
- Columbia Internal Medicine, May 3, 2012: Attended by one woman for grief and depression due to the death of her adult son.
- Columbia Internal Medicine, April 28, 2012: Attended by one man for depression. He did several follow up classes. His report….
- Hope Club, April 26, 2012: Attended by one woman undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer for her insomnia and anxiety.
- Taborton Zion’s United Church of Christ Adult Fellowship Group: April 18, 2012. Seven people attended, 3 men, 3 women and one child in Grade 8. Feedback.
- Columbia Internal Medicine: April 16 and 17, 2012. For a couple who attended series of my classes a few years back at the Albany Hindu Temple. The husband is a retired dentist. They came from Charlotte NC on a visit. He saw me at a social function and eagerly asked to meet me to revive his forgotten practice. They attended the sessions on both days and wanted to be in touch by e-mail or phone, even after they go back to India.
- Columbia Internal Medicine: March 10, 2012. Seminar organized at short notice for a couple who came from New Jersey on a visit to Albany NY. Wife had been suffering from Fibromyalgia for many years. Their local host referred them to me as his 25 year old back pain was 80% relieved with the relaxation and stretching practices he learned in my classes.
- Edgar Cayce Study Group: Feb 7, 2012. 7 people attended on Feb 7, 2012. Summary of their Feedback
- East Greenbush Library: Jan 30, 2012. 16 people attended the fifth seminar at this library from 7 to 8.30pm. Summary of the feedback.
- ‘Hope Club’ Jan 26, 2011: Four men attended. All were soft ware Engineers. The summary of their feedback. One of them sent me this e-mail message the next day.
If you like this page share it with your friends.
Parent page: Seminars and Follow up classes