These are the variety of written comments received from the participants through their feedback forms.
Venture Inward June 2014
- How easy it is to share with my clients, family and friends! I will use it during my stressful meetings as well.
- I became very relaxed. This contradicts the saying “If it seems to be too good to be true, it usually is.”.
- Wonderful portable relaxation technique to help detach from daily stresses.
NAMI Rensselaer County NY March 5, 2014
- I liked the idea of practicing “behind the wheel”, breathing rather than screaming at the red light.
- If you can count a breath, that is all you need to have a stress free life.
Seventh seminar at the East Greenbush Library Oct 22, 2013
- Handouts are wonderful, atmosphere was calm even though we were sitting in a library
- Please do another follow up session.
- Calming, relaxing, meditation techniques usually warn about falling asleep
First Seminar at ‘Venture Inward’ East Greenbush NY Oct 21, 2013
- C S made it seem so easy yet so worthwhile
- Moronically simple yet works liker a charm
- Will use with patients I work with
Albany Memorial Hospital for Diabetes Support Group June 5, 2013
- These should be given to high school students especially scholar athletes who need rest.
- One hardly thinks of managing such a basic process. He reminds me of Feldenkrais.
Seminar at the Bethlehem Central Middle School Bethlehem NY (Adults and Children 10 and up) May 15, 2013
- I had been feeling tense all day, but now I am feeling more relaxed.
- I have used other counting breaths methods but this simplifies the process so the focus is not so much on counting that you forget to breathe and just enough focus on counting and breathing to keep your mind from wandering.
Seminar at Parsons Child and Family Center Albany NY May 10, 2013
- Very simple approach that anyone can use. The simplicity is wonderful.
- I know this stress but I forget!
- I plan to start using this and will remember to be patient with it. I am so glad I came to this workshop.
- Like that there are several variations/ methods so people can choose one they like best.
- I really like the “nibble on the cookie” metaphor
Castleton Public Library May 2, 2013
- Very helpful to actually practice the techniques while being observed to make sure we are doing them correctly. I am going to tell my daughter and mother who both have sleeping difficulties about the counting techniques.
Mary E Dardess Elementary School, Chatham NY (3rd to 5th Graders) April 24, 2013
- I felt calm and relaxed
- Good and happy
- Relaxed, calm and focused
A large healthcare facility Feb 2013
- I like that there is nothing to buy and can be used anywhere
- As we were focusing on breathing, instantly calmed
- Wonderful, this should be taught in nursing school first semester
- Thank you for the new tease on stress relief
Sixth seminar at the East Greenbush Library Jan 30, 2013
- Very much like Silva mind Control
- Wonderful presentation – Charming impossible not to like
Seminar for seniors and graduates at Ressell Sage College Troy NY Sep 26, 2012
- I enjoyed listening to you. It was the most relaxed I have been during a seminar
Seminar for Glaucoma Practice of New York June 27, 2012
- Definitely will ease my anxiety & trouble breathing while anxious, very peaceful.
- I should have started this in childhood.
Fifth seminar at the East Greenbush Library Jan 30, 2012
- CS was very engaging and thorough. I like how he framed the technique by the different narratives.
- C S was an amazing and informative instructor. I found my breath.
- I hope there will be additional seminars.
- Hope to come to more of this kind of class.
- It would be nice to have regular follow up on this at the library.
- Wonderful – I needed this & hope to use it.
- I will use it personally and professionally.I will use it in my therapy practice
Fourth seminar at East Greenbush Library May 4, 2011
- Would like to take another class.
- You did a super job in explaining the techniques.
- Great! Please come again.
Parent page: Seminars and Classes