Saying these unconventional mantras silently to myself helps me keep a cool mind.
- Not My Problem (NMP)
- Mind Your Own Business (MYOB)
- Nobody Asked For My Judgment (NAFMJ)
- Nobody Asked For My Opinion (NAFMO)
- Let Me Keep My Mouth Shut (LMKMMS)
- Am I telling myself an ugly story without getting the facts? (1)
- It is all “in here’ not “out there’ (2)
- It Is OK. (IIO)
- You may be right. Can you be kind?
- You may be right. Can you forgive?
- This Too Shall Pass (TTSP) (3)
- You can’t change others’ behavior. Don’t even think of changing their nature. But you have total control on ‘how you respond to their (crazy?) behavior’.
- How can you blame a sick person for his/her sick behavior? And that includes acute and chronic mental sicknesses like Anger, Hatred, Jealousy, so on.
- Before pointing one finger at anther, point four fingers at yourself.
(1) Inspired by the book “Crucial conversations – tools for talking when the stakes are high” by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, Al Switzer).
Also see my related article “We don’t see the first parts of people’s lives”
(2) “In here”: Whatever I am thinking is only in my mind. “Not out there”: Whatever I am thinking does not exist in real life.
(3) This too shall pass – My article
If you like this page, share it with your friends.