The second seminar at the Voorheesville Public Library was on May 17, 2016 from 6.30 to 8.30 pm (1). Attended by 19 people (includes 3 high school/ college students). 17 people filled out the feedback forms. A folder containing my key handouts and sample testimonials was given to each participant (2), (3).
Summary of the Feedback
I will practice this technique for my (concern)
- Stress & Sleep
- Anxiety & Trouble sleeping
- Anxiety – 3
- When I wake up during the night and need to rid my mind of endless thoughts & problems
- Stress, Medical issues post surgery that were caused by an unnecessary surgery
- Release stress
- Stress management
- Sleeping, Driving “Road rage”
- Memory focus
- Become calm before medical appointments
- To feel grounded
- Self and grandchildren
My ‘Take home’ points
- Practice at bedtime & in the morning, short amounts of time during the day
- Use this technique to fall asleep
- Use at sleep nightly
- Do upon going to bed; Do after waking
- Practice breathing before bed and after lunch
- Using the techniques in the morning before work; Helping me fall back to sleep; keeping mouth open when breathing
- 911 mode and Segment mode
- Counting on fingers
- Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth
- Very good handouts
- Very satisfied – 16
- Just 2-3 minutes break for a stretch would be more comfortable
- Excellent – ties together lots of similar techniques i’ve learned – this seems more relaxing; I think the physical body touching of fingers brings thoughts to physical
- I took the same class last year when it was offered. I came back this year because I loved it so much and I wanted to share these teachings with my brother. I was able to stop taking sleep hormones and use breathing instead.
- Very simple – will not be hard to follow through which is always the hardest part
- Would be better earlier in the day to avoid being very tired
- Good stuff
- Due to the trauma of my surgery I think it will take me a while to get adopted to this process. I have lost much feeling.
- Very relaxing. I wrestle a bit with my thoughts while counting but I can see the benefits.
- Thank you
- This was a new simple technique
- I feel the techniques I learned will help me cope with stress and help me with sleep
- Excellent – Thank you
- Should be a 3 hour high school health course
- It was very simple to learn the basics, so I can practice at home regular way. Thank you!
I recommend this seminar to (specify the group with contact details if possible)
- High school Juniors/ Seniors before college – health course
- For new parents
- My coworkers
- Collaborative divorce Association of the Capital District. I am the Executive director.
- College students, International students
Related pages: Public Seminars
If you like this page share it with your friends.