Feedback from Joanne (not real name) who attended my classes along with her husband. Her husband could not come after the first class. She was referred to me by Rani Gandham MD (Pediatrics) for her husband’s sleep problem. He was recovering from major neck surgery. Her responses to my questions is here.
(A) How is your husband doing?
He is doing much better.
(B) What were the problems you had before doing the classes and the stress level at that time?
- Stressed out thinking about health of husband (his suffering from pains after surgery) was 8 out of 10.
- My work related stress was 5 out of 10.
(C) The practices that you learned from the classes which worked for you.
- Realizing from your counseling that in spite of my great love for him and desire to ease his suffering, I can’t share his pains. He alone has to bear them. This thinking eased my stress remarkably.
- Breathing reduced my overall stress (1).
- Listening to my networking friend was a recurring source of stress for me. As suggested, I stopped picking up her calls, allowing her to leave a message. This helped.
- I also practiced the ‘Tongue tip positioning’ suggested at the two times that created lot of stress for me: when listening to my hyper friend and also listening to the attorneys arguing for their clients as part of my office work. This practice has made a huge difference (2).
(D) Where did you practice?
- At home
- At work
(E) The benefits or improvements you felt
I am much calmer.
If you like this page please share with your friends.