The first seminar at the Voorheesville Public Library was on February 9, 2015 from 7 to 8.30 pm (1). Attended by 11 people (9 adults and 2 teens. A folder containing my key handouts and sample testimonials was given to each participant (2), (3). It was remarkable that so many turned up in spite of the severe snow storm throughout the day and still going on at the time of the seminar.
Summary of the Feedback
I will practice this technique for my (concern)
- Daily stress and mind focus
- Stress, Relaxation
- Calm my mind, reduce stress level
- Anxiety and develop concentration
- Pain, Tension, Stress
- Stress level and Migraines
- Focusing practice
- Better sleep, Less stress
- Stress level
- Anxiety, Falling asleep, Concentration
My ‘Take home’ points
- Incorporate breathing technique into my daily routines, especially upon waking up and going to sleep.
- I plan to use the breathing techniques, they seem very effective.
- Start, just start the practice and take steps to meditate.
- Different counting techniques, Can do lying down (yes!). Also it is OK to count (I was taught to be quiet, no thoughts) – so helpful.
- Breathing, Posture, and Better focus.
- Try to use the technique in everyday activities. Use the technique before I fall asleep.
- How to relax by controlling my breathing.
- Will practice with my 4 year old grandson. It will help to count, this will help concentrate my mind.
- To try it at night and in the morning as a start. Don’t worry about rules, just do it!
- Meditation can be used anytime and anywhere, “each breath is a life”. “You can’t change people’s actions, you can only change your reaction.”
My expectation from the seminar is fulfilled to level
- A+ – 1
- A – 8
- B – 2
- Thank you – much food for thought.
- A appreciated your philosophical perspective in reinforcing the importance of meditation and mind/body.
- A little hard to her you with the heater running.
- I had a very hard time hearing the presenter’s soft voice and missed some of the talk. Seems to be an excellent way to quite the mind. I am excited to try it at home.
- My husband always tried to get me to meditate but the way you broke it down made it more understanding and simple.
- Great tips! Am eager to try the technique.
- I like that there are no rules.
- I really enjoyed the presentation. I am looking forward to trying the breathing. I will consider contacting you about more classes.
- I loved your presentation and I know I will be able to use these techniques to help me relax.
I recommend this seminar to (name the group)
- May be my book group. If there is enough interest I will contact you.
- Anyone. it is easy and free.
- College students dealing with stress.
- The teachers at my school.
- Everyone could use these methods.
Related pages: Public Seminars
If you like this page share it with your friends.