Feedback from my most remarkable client who has done 19 classes (6) over the last one year, more than any other client.
She earnestly makes plans based on my suggestions, takes her written down plans home and sincerely tries to implement them. She keeps in touch by e-mail between the classes. Her multidimensional progress is a tribute to her courage and persistence. Her progress gives me immense satisfaction. She is still doing the classes, determined to get over all her problems. Such cases give me the impression that when the person is ready for change, help comes from somewhere, and it is absorbed like a sponge. Her report –
“This is how I am trying to implement my plans based on your suggestions.
- I do my daily breathing practice.
- When I have bad thoughts wherever I am, I do my breathing and it helps to calm me down, along with saying my prayers.
- I do my breathing every night and try to do 4 times on each hand but usually dont make it that far before I fall asleep.
- I do my breathing in the morning along with saying my prayers while getting ready.
- I try to stay very busy inside and outside the house.
- I drink Metamucil fiber at night before bed, and it does help with my bowel movements in the morning.
- I have changed my diet a lot: More fish, more vegetables and fruits, more fiber and water throughout the day. I eat more fruits and vegetables than ever before. I have a banana for breakfast every morning, not good at eating lunch, and cut down on my meat intake for dinner. (4)
- I have been making my husband’s lunch for him to carry to work. (1)
- I now drink soy milk. (3)
- I take fish oil pills with 2000mg of Omega 3 every day. I started putting flax seed on my food and also put it on husband’s peanut butter and jelly sandwiches without him knowing. (5)
- I keep calm when my husband’s temper builds up and walk out of the room. This has changed his yelling behavior.
- I’ve let my husband know “He cannot control me”.
- I do read a spiritual book every night before bed. Sorry I am not good at writing the journal.
- We are paying down the debts and consolidating them.
- I did look for a walking partner by posting two ads, but have gotten no responses yet.
- I still need to work on smoking. I’m not sure I can make a full commitment right now, it is very hard for me but I am still trying and have cut down a little. I have tried to change my smoking habits before bedtime, by not going to bed till I am very tired and feel sleepy. (2)
- I did call about taking CPR training and they put me on the list for a free class in September. (1)
I have made these great improvements in the last year with your help:
My weight, my self confidence, my body pains due to lupus, my marriage problems, my sleeping habits, my eating habits, learning how to control my fear and much more. I can’t thank you enough.”
(1) She got this idea on seeing her husband gasp for breath recently. He is obese and does not care to do anything about it. She is worried he may have a heart attack one day. She is also trying to help him lose weight by not eating greasy outside food while at work.
(2) She smokes maximum number of cigarettes at night, after lying in the bed to sleep and not falling asleep. This suggestion was to break this behavior pattern.
(3) She had constipation for a long time. She was consuming lot of dairy products which were suspected to be the cause. On a trial basis, she was advised to avoid all dairy products for 2 months. Though she was very fond of yogurt, consuming about 4 cups a day, she gave it up with determination. This change eliminated her constipation. Soy milk was replacement for diary milk.
(4) She hardly ate any vegetables or fruits before. Introducing fruits and veggies and cutting down meat helped her significantly in losing weight. She never ate any breakfast and lunch was irregular. She felt fatigued by mid day, aggravating her sensitivity to body pains.
(5) To get Omega 3 in view of her lupus and mental problems. Also to help improve her husband’s health.
(6) Seminars and classes
If you like this page share it with your friends.
Please send your comments through the ABOUT – Contact’ page.